Monday, June 26, 2006

A good day makes it a good day...

Saturday the 24th was my first live session in about 6 months. I had planned on going the 1st, and I figured since I had to be half way there for business anyway, I'd play this week also. Man I'm good at justifying that. I'm amazed it's been so long since my last live session...

This was also my first live session since my transition from Sit-n-Go play to cash games. I sat down to a primarily loose-passive table table with one loose aggressive player. Perfect! I lost a couple of really tough ones (flopped set lost to river straight x2, flopped trips w/ best kicker lost to river boat), but was dealt some good cards overall and ended up tripling my buyin in a session just under 13 hours. Time flies when you're winning...

Some thoughts and observations from the weekend:

Bet the River: What is wrong with you people! I had one young man to my left that apparently didn't like money. He went through 1.5 smallish buyins in a couple of hours. He LOVED to chase. That problem, however, was almost secondary to his aversion to betting the river when he made his hand. Listen, if you're going to call with nothing but a draw, at least bet or raise when you make it!

Limping In: This doesn't seem to be as much of an issue online, but in the game I was at this weekend, I watched a man limp in once with AA (lost), and 3 times with QQ (lost 2 of 3). His logic was that he seems to lose with them so much, he slow plays to maximize value. I can see slow playing live when you get above 5/10, but at a lower limit table, if you feel you have the best hand, bet it. I see no justification for anything else:

Pain: Riding a bicycle hurts your bum, among other things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home