Monday, July 24, 2006

A relatively poker-free weekend...

What a weekend. I had a great Friday night / Saturday AM, netting about 100BB. I even threw some play in there at the next level up, and I really don’t like the blind structure at that level. The bankroll is right where it should be going into August. On Saturday morning I had AA 8 times over 796 hands. Quite impressive, but safely trumped by the fact that they held up every single time. I was dealt a couple of bad beats in monstrous pots, but overall the cards ran well and I made good decisions.

Here’s one hand from Saturday AM:
I’m dealt 88 in MP. It’s folded to me; I raise and get called by MP2 & both blinds. I didn’t like that at all. I was hoping to thin the field.
The flop comes out Kd, 4s, 8s. A set for me and possible flush draw for someone. It’s checked to me, I bet and am called by MP2 (45/20/2.1) and the small blind (55/15.5/.8) These 2 could have anything. Small blind has a couple of big bets left, and MP2 was hitting everything and playing like a madman. The turn was a Jc. Ok, now we’ve got possible straight draws. I bet, get raised by MP2, 3-bet by small blind! I call, as did MP2. I feel like I’m just along for the ride at this point. The river was Ah. SB bets his last fifty cents, I make it a full big bet, and MP2 folds! SB had Qs7s, and I get a nice 15.63BB pot. Unreal…

Over the last 11k hands I’m 19/10/2 with a 51.55% W$SD. I’m really pleased with my play this month. Although in reviewing my hands, I’ve found a pretty significant leak. Ax (both suited & un-suited) hands from the blinds are horrible! I tend to over-play them. I either win small pots or lose large ones. This is a leak I need to plug. I think I found my August project.

After Saturday morning, I had an entirely poker-free weekend, which is abnormal, since about 70% of my hands are played between Friday evening and Monday morning. I went to a get-together at a good friends house on Saturday. What a great time. I guess I should get out more… Sunday was more of the same, and by the time I got home at 8:30pm on Sunday, I was exhausted.

Oh, one more thing. I’ll be participating in a live “tournament league” beginning this week. I consider NL tourneys the second-weakest part of my game (NL online cash games being weakest), and I look forward to this opportunity to improve. I finally started HOH, and I hope to be through it in a week or two.

2 Comments:

At 24 July, 2006 13:38 , Blogger Chris said...

Hey man, nice run with those aces. Don't complain as you get dealt them once over the next 50,000 hands though. Payback's a bitch.

With that 88 hand, I wonder if you might not be better off letting the guy behind you complete the bet. He might be playing a draw really badly, but it kinda looks like he's got a hand he'll value bet against you. Odd fold after his turn raise in any case. I wonder if he made a huge fold with KQ?

You playing CP tonight? See you there.

 
At 27 May, 2013 05:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

blackjackidols If I were you, I would see the best writer job service to have a lot of supreme data about this good topic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home