Monday, July 23, 2007

Cash Game Madness & New Online Strategy

Live Stuff: I played a cash game this weekend. It's not often I get to play these as I don't really talk to many people. It was the third time I played this game. It's a $1/$1 blind structure and ante games are played w/ $1 ante. I'm the only "poor" one in the game and every time I've been in the game someone had a piece of me. I'm really not comfortable with that, but I do love to play cards and it's a pretty soft game. I did well and I'm pleased.

After a good session I like to do something nice for the GF. We went to a movie on Sunday and had a nice steak dinner at home. Man I love steak. BTW, when did movies get so expensive? $7 for a MATINEE show? WTF is up with that! It's $9 for an evening show. Wow. I remember in college seeing movies for $1.50 and in my post college years I had friends that worked at a theatre. I guess I'm making up for not paying for those years. Geez that's expensive.

Oniline Stuff: I play exclusively at stars right now, and I've got a new strategy to stop me from bleeding chips when I'm drinking. I've got a bunch of FPP points, so when drinking I've been playing "free" satellites and I've been playing cash/SnG. So far it's good for an entry into the guaranteed 100k (1/4? on those), and a chop of an entry into the Sunday Million (1/1). I also finished 7th in a TD tourney (first time playing it online - 1 through 4 got something I recall) and I'm looking for a satellite to play tonight. Something I'm noticing is that good players are quite a bit easier to read than the bad ones. It's not even close. In the 70fpp sat's (winner gets $11), they are crap shoots. 3-4 people get knocked out very early and the rest try to coin-flip their way to victory. Not much post flop play until it's down to 2 to 4 people. In the Sunday Million sat (winner gets T$530), there was a TON of post-flop play, and it was good play. These people are better than I am by a long shot. I may watch some of these satellites just to see the play. The cutoff for good play/bad play seems to be ~1500fpp. Anything below that has pretty poor play, and the ones 1500 and up have much more solid play.

My cash game results at 10NL & 25NL have been pretty bad, but I'm quite pleased with my play. I did really well in 10NL sessions and got stacked twice in 25nl (once full once short). Once w/ flopped straight (lost to runner-runner quads - lol), and once w/ turned boat losing to larger river boat. Bummer man. Overall I think I'm playing well in the cash games. The one big leak I'm seeing is my pre-flop play in reraised pots. I've made some really bad calls. I'm taking it slow and not playing too many hands this month. These stakes frustrate me a bit.

Overall I'm fairly comfortable with my game right now. I wish I was rolled better for live play. I really wanted to be playing 2/5 by years end. Moving up is easier with online play as the money is out of reach. It seems that every time I make a nice score live I use the money for something else (stupid living expenses) and end up w/ the same meager roll. It's frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home