Monday, June 25, 2007

Some brief notes.

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Grasping to control
So I better hold on


Who thought green day lyrics would end up here. I heard this song on the way home and now that parts here. Enjoy.

I’m still a huge n00b at NLHE, but I’m starting to feel better about my game. I want to be totally comfortable by winter. It takes a lot for me to be totally comfortable.

A couple of things:

Bet sizing: I still struggle with this but I’m getting better. Certain hands I misplay, and there are certain opponents that give me fits. I toyed with sizing flop bets for turn action to force my opponent into an uncomfortable decision. There are some players that just don’t want to play drawing hands for their full value.

River bets: There were several pots where I saw $10 bets taking down $80-100 pots. Brutal. I had a couple of hands where I bet the river and took down a nice pot with a hand that I’d often check. On a couple of occasions I made block bets that were slightly smaller than I’d value bet and was surprised when my HU opponent would fold.

Position: I really concentrated on playing tight in EP and opening up in LP. It worked really well for the first half of my session, but in the second half, I had 2 good players on my right, and total weakness on my left. I was able to open up (especially in MP) more than I normally should have. I’m not sure this is a great strategy, but man these players were weak post-flop.

Calling: Huge leak. I called some horrible bets on the river. I’ve got to stop that. It’s pretty disgusting.


Good Luck…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home