Monday, September 25, 2006

Just an update...

Well, I’m still not playing cash games yet. I’m still not feeling good about my game. I’m sticking with the SnG’s. I leak money slower that way. I really don’t take these seriously enough any more. So, that’s my online play. I’ll get back on the horse. I’ve been doing some reading and reviewing, but to tell you the truth. I haven’t had a revelation on my downswing. It seems a few small leaks compounded. Review is good.

As I’ve mentioned before I’ve been playing in a live “league”. It’s a bunch of tourneys w/ a big tourney at the end. Entry is $40. $20 for the current week and $20 for the final. The final is a big one and there is a base chip count and additional chips are awarded based on finishes in the preceding tournaments. I’d cashed in the first with the third being last nights.

Let me just say that I wasn’t happy going into the tourney. To start with, my confidence is down. Not a good thing in a NL tourney or cash game. On top of that I went to a party on Saturday night (great time btw), and I was feeling rather poorly on Sunday. To add to the fun, I had be up at 6:30am Sunday to go do some wiring and look at a car with a friend. Lets just say it was a rough day.

I finally made my way to the tournament and was running quite late. Luckily the tournament started late and I only missed 2 orbits worth of blinds (they never deal that fast when I’m there). Fortunately I was at a pretty damn soft table, and I had a player on my left that was perfect. He was kind enough to double a few hands after I sat down, and I ended up busting him. Here’s a hand, excuse the format, it was live and my memory stinks.

I’m in the SB, UTG & BB (above referenced player) are the other two, and SB is the above referenced player,

UTG goes all in for about 4x the BB. I call with Qc4cbelieving my fishy friend will call. He did, I paired my 4 on the flop w/ a backdoor flush draw (we both checked), the turn was a blank (we both checked), and the river was a queen. I bet about half the pot w/ my 2 pair, my fishy friend min raised, and I put him all in. He showed his AA. Bummer. At least his girlfriend didn’t have to wait for him to finish.

After the hand I could hear complaints behind me for betting the river. That it was impolite betting into a dry side pot with a knockout pending. Are you serious? It was the river and I believed I had the best hand. Sounds like a bet to me.

I entered the final table (7 of 8 cash) with about 40% of the chips in play. I ended up taking it down. I don’t think the win rates, but it’s a nice confidence booster. I may come up with a few hands and post them. I may not though. I'm tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home