Friday, September 01, 2006

Welcome to Fall...

Summer was great, but it sure flew by. It goes by faster every year. I won't be camping for Labor Day. It appears we'll be getting the remnants of tropical storm Ernesto. While the motorhome is weatherproof, I don't like getting dirty. Yeah, I'm a wuss.

September is here, and that means I've got to pick out some new things to work on to improve my game. Poker is a lot like golf in that you can never have a perfect game. There will always be something that needs work.

September Projects:

Calling Bets: I do this entirely too much. In my losing sessions, this is my worst problem. Callers don't win; raisers do, and folders lose less. Therefore, I really need to get back to a raise or fold mentality more of the time.

AF: This is down over the last month or so. I'm winning more so I'm not too worried about it, but the fact that I'm winning with a less aggressive style tells me I'm leaving bets on the table. I could be winning more.

Goals: Normally I play for entertainment with a certain dollar amount in mind. This will be the first month I play with a total time, hand, and dollar goal for the month. We'll see how it goes.

I've been playing some 5 and 6-max games. I was doing very when tables would start to break up, so I started adding a 3rd table of 6-max play. My last few sessions have been 6-max, to include several at the 5/10 level. I'm running just over 3bb/100 over about 3k hands. I can only 1 table and be comfortable at this level. It's certainly not my bread & butter, but it's nice to know I can play at this level. It's a blast. I can't believe there are players this poor at this level.

I've got some friends coming over this evening for a fire & cookout. Hopefully the weather hold off. It seems like fall showed up early this year. I don't mind a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home