Monday, August 07, 2006

Crazy Times

I had some last minute company this weekend so I played a TON less than I should have, but it was a great weekend. I played a couple of hours on Saturday AM. Lost 14BB including the buyin to the 180 man SnG. I was crippled in that when my nut flush lost to a boat. Bummer. Not a good start to the day.

My company got down in the early PM and we proceeded to eat, drink & be merry. Crazy night. Great times. I didn't eat as much as I usually do when I have company. I think it may have had something to do with my beer consumption. As is par for me, I slowed down at the end of the night and was in bed by 1. Quite responsible if I do say so myself.

Sunday I got up early and was playing by 7. I really didn't want to drag myself out of bed, but with my schedule this month and the goals I've set, I think it's important to play when I can. I'm glad I did, what a day! It was my first $500 day online. I've had them live before, but never online. I 2-tabled for about 6 hours, and it seemed like I was getting paid off on all my big hands. Great stuff. For the first couple of hours there was only one table open!?!?! It was so soft it didn't matter. A second finally opened with one opponent, and between the time heads up & shorthanded, I made about 13BB. I really enjoy SH play. I'd do it more but I don't like the swings.

I've already exceeded my $$ requirement for the month, and I'm halfway to my September goal. I finally feel that the money is showing. This level is much less of a grind. It's nice to click on the hourly rate in PT and see a number I feel good about. It was no fun having a 6 or 8 in there. Felt like a small number for my time. This is much better. I'm currently bankrolled for the next level up, but I won't be moving up yet. I may not until the end of the year. I want at least 25k hands (I had ~47k before this move). I'm running really well at this level, and I hope I can keep it up. I'm a natural worrier, and I figure the pendulum is due to swing the other way. I've been playing well for too long. My numbers say it's not just a lucky run. It's not like my W$SD is in the 60's or anything. I'm just tight (sometimes it seems too tight), aggressive (not aggressive enough), and folks are dumb enough to keep paying me off.

I'm going to continue to work on my tournament game, as well as this months projects. Overall I'm trying to keep my head on straight, get enough rest, and play MY game every time I sit down at that table. I have to remind myself that it's my table, play accordingly.

One more note. In looking at my hourly records, it seems that early AM (EST) on the weekends is a very profitable time to play. Lots of Ausies & Euros.

Good Luck at the Tables, and thanks to all 3 of you that read this.

1 Comments:

At 08 August, 2006 07:51 , Blogger ramzdawg said...

hey pba08, i've sat at some tables with you before and you could say i'm one of your 3 readers, though i'm not quite sure how i came across your blog... good posts and keep them coming. i'm trying to move up a level in LH as well (hopefully with the same success you're having).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home