Saturday, August 05, 2006

Oh what a night...

...Late December back in '63.

Friday night I did the usual. Two full ring limit tables, and one of those damn $4 180 man SnG's. These things are a pain in the rear. The play is all over the place, but I've told myself I'm going to play them until I've got 5 final tables. Than I'll take a shot at the next level for a few of them. I've been playing 2 a night, but last night I didn't get a chance to. I didn't have huge hands, but I played a few more small pots in position, and was able to take a few pots, then I flopped a straight. That put me in the top 30 with about 150 people left, and I was in the top 30 the rest of the game.

When we got near the bubble, I got more aggressive and picked up blind after blind. There were several times where due to my stack, I wanted to play a pot, but really didn't get much action. Once we were in the money (last two tables), I took a few people out. I got lucky with my 10,9 of clubs against A6, bot overall, the folks I felted went in with the worst of it.

I entered the final table with the lead, 2 quickly exited, and I was primed for the win. Unfortunately my JJ lost to AK, which brought me back to the pack a bit. It was a very active final table, and I finished in third when my 10,9 was out-kicked by a K,9. It was a rather tedius 3+ hours, but it was nice to have a good showing.

I've got company coming over today which will cut into my playing time. Not a bad thing really. I'm getting beat up a bit at the tables this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home