Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rust Sucks

Note to self...going 14 days with only 2 sessions isn't a good thing.

I've had 3 poor sessions in a row, and it brings to mind how important practice and review really is. I normally play 5 days a week, and spend about 45 minutes reviewing each session. It's amazing how quickly we slip into our old bad habits. Some things I'm doing wrong: Calling down when I'm beat and know it, not betting in position after it's checked to me on a harmless flop, misplaying big pairs. I've got to get back into form. I expect it will take me another 2 or 3 sessions and some serious review time to get back to where I was.

A few odd things from last night:

I had to fold pocket Aces not once, but twice. Brutal. The one was a 4 players, capped pre-flop, 2 bets (all spades K high) by 3 players after the flop. I folded when it was 2 bets to me after the turn (spade). I put a TAG on KK and folded. The river paired the board and took it down with Kings full. The other player in the hand had the ten of spades. Sick stuff. I'm glad I didn't have the Ace of spades.

I don't recall the details of the other one and I don't feel like looking it up. I took some bad beats, and was in the mid 40's for showdown win % on both tables. I missed on quite a few hands, but overall, I've been calling too much.

I've cashed in several of the 180 man SnG's, but until my cash game is back where I want it, I'm putting these on the back burner. I'll get back into them in a week or two.

On a personal note, there are quite a few changes going on for me. Pretty damn stressful! I most likely won't put them on here until October, but I think they are good changes. I'll be more at peace and have a better life. Sorry for the tease...all 3 of you will have to wait!

Oh, and ramzdawg, I didn't forget about you. I'll post on your blog this weekend...

This blog will be a part of Poker Stars affiliate program as soon as I figure out how to get the banners up. Anyone that needs an account, feel free to sign up through me!

I'll post some more this weekend. Have a great week, and good luck at the tables.

1 Comments:

At 29 August, 2006 09:32 , Blogger ramzdawg said...

i feel your pain pba... i haven't been playing nearly as much as i should over the last few weeks. thanks for the mention and appreciate the feedback. =P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home