Wednesday, August 30, 2006

People say I'm crazy...

"People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

Ah, people asking questions lost in confusion
Well I tell them there's no problem, only solutions
Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind
I tell them there's no hurryI'm just sitting here doing time "


Watching the Wheels
-John Lennon

Great tune, lyrics that speak volumes about life in general.

Sorry, got deep there for a minute. I'll get back to cards now.

August Recap

As I stated before, August is my most difficult month of the year. Just too much going on. Tough to get cards in, and tougher to get what I would term as "full sessions" in. I played just over 10k hands, running at just over 2bb/100. Exactly where I need to be, but down from the insane clip I was running at for the first week or two. After the first two 2 weeks, I played very few hands. I'm still getting back in the groove.

Projects:

Win % of Showdowns: 51.08% I'll take it. I'd like to see it higher, but I'll take it. I win almost 45% of the time when I see the flop, and that stat is important to me. I still need to work on not calling down when I know I'm beat. I did this quite a bit in my first 2 sessions after I came back to the game.

Position Play: With my lack of play, I really didn't look at these stats. I have to say I'm pleased. Profitable from every position but the blinds, and my VP$IP is good from the blinds & late position. I still need to work on my middle position play. I think I'm too loose and my starting hand requirements are off. I've made strides, but this is still an area to work on.

Other notes:

The yard looks horrible, I need to put a new drive belt on the mower, and the house is a mess. I'm going to limp through September, and make some changes in October.

I played in the 2nd of 10 live tourneys (with the 11th being the big one). My goal is to cash in 9 of 10, and finish in one of the top 3 point spots. The structure is a double buyin, with half going to the weekly tourney, and half going to the final tourney, where you start with 1k in chips + additional chips based on points accumulated in the matches. I've cashed in both so far, but I need to work on my end-game. I doubled people up on 5 consecutive hands played this past week. I had the best of it when the chips went in 3 of the 5 times, and the other 2 I was in the big blind and mathematically had to call.

I played one level and one level only this month (with the exception of some .5/1 play after a few beers). I plan on keeping that up until I have 550 big bets for the next level. That should be sometime in November or December based on my current BR model.

That's all I've got. I'll post this months goals at some point in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home