Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Reload or Grind

Some rambling:

I remember why I stopped playing Sit-n-Go's. Man are they boring. I've been playing HU matches, which are nice (LHE & PLHE). They are quick, painless, but at the same time kind of like chinese water torture. I win 60+% of these, but they get boring. I went back and looked at some stats on these, and I was winning 69% at the 10+.5 level on stars. I'm not back there yet, but I'm getting it back. The key to these is to accumulate as many chips early as you can. You need to have a stick that can 1) be able to deal w/ a couple of bad beats in the late stages, and 2) bully your opponent in the later stages. Of course, at this level, about 20% of the matches are over almost literally before they start. um, this is money people...

I've also played a few low buyin 9 man NL SnG's. Why not play these instead of the 4.4 180 man's MTT's? I can understand if you want MTT practice, but a solid player (I kind of suck at NL) should be able to cash in these half the time. I used to cash in over 50% in the limit SnG's w/ a 40%+ ROI. Please, no liar responses. These are real #'s, mostly at the 5d level. I used to play and make enough for the car & cc payment before I moved on over to cash games. I didn't move up because I didn't cash out enough to re-build. I kept between 20 & 25 buyins in my account. I did go broke twice. It happens...I digress. I wonder what the ROI #'s are like for a good 180man player compared to a good SnG player. Just curious.

I thought I would try a 6.6 turbo LHE SnG. I forgot I entered it, and when it popped up, I realized it was a turbo limit omaha SnG. OOPS!! I have no real Omaha experience. I was prepared to suck. I hit a draw early, built a nice chip lead, and ended up going out on the bubble. These players are horrible! I mean really bad. I went out on a hand when my opponent had 8 outs to a straight (4 actaully as the k would have given me a boat) and he hit one of them on the river. I think Omaha cash games would be profitable if the play is anything close to this. I may try it as a change of pace when I get back to normal.

My dilemma:

I moved almost 50% of my bankroll to neteller. This was approx 3 weeks before my bad run. (I think bad in the previous sentence should be a proper noun, but I'll resist the urge). I'm at the point now where in order to play the game I usually play (and the # of tables), I would have to reload, or risk going broke in one bad session. Since I'm on a bad session roll, I really don't want to "risk" any more of my roll. Ack. I think the fact that I have this mindset to begin with answers the question for me. Folks who know me know I'm not a big fan of bankroll requirements. I think comfort has more to do with it. At this point the comfort isn't there, so I don't belong in that game. I'm going to grind the SnG's for the remainder of the month and re-evaluate things in October. I think...

Some notes:

I've been doing a ton of hand review. I think my pre-flop decisions are good. If I had to pick a negative, I was getting too passive towards the end of this slide. My post flop play in position was good, although I did call down too much. My post flop play out of position was absolutely horrendous. Part of this is running into big hands w/ my big hands, and part is calling. I didn't do numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that 80% of the time when I am out of position and I call, I'm behind. Now part of that time I'm drawing, but you get the idea.

I've been abusing the lower buyin players. I've never been one to type anything negative in the chat box. I usually put it in notes. The last few days I've been kind of mean. So, if I've played you in a low buyin SnG or heads up match and you sucked out on me, I'll say only this. I'm sorry you are a donkey. You deserve to lose, and you don't belong at the same table with me. I'll give you your 5 or 10 dollars back if you wash my car. Ha, bet you didn't think I was going there.

Good Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home