Saturday, September 09, 2006

Confidence. Shaken, not Stirred

There’s a new James Bond movie coming out in November. I watched the trailer and it looks entertaining. I’m a fan of the old 007 movies, but haven’t cared for the newer ones. I wasn’t at all impressed when I read the new actor playing Bond could drive his Aston Martin equipped with a manual transmission. Great start pal...

After a picture perfect start to the month, the last week has been a real blow. I’ve cut back on the 6-max to compensate, and I’m varying my games less. I’m tightening the belt and going back to basics…losing sucks. I think part of the issue is the pressure I feel from my decision. I suppose it’s good to get this out of the way now. Hopefully things will get back to normal by months end. If this keeps up for another few weeks this will be a bloody short experiment. On the plus side, it looks as though I’ve got a shot at making platinum level at stars this month. I didn’t think I’d do that until November.

I’ve been trying to change my mindset towards the game of poker as well as my bankroll. You have to have money to make money, and the less you have, the harder it is to play a strong, fearless game. For a bankroll to multiply properly it has to have a solid foundation.

I’ve been playing far too loose. I think the 5 & 6 max tables loosen me up over time. I really don’t enjoy these as much, but there is so much more profit opportunity. I’ve got my work cut out to make my goal for this month, so it’s back to the bread & butter. Perhaps in October I’ll step down to 2/4 and play a few thousand 6-max hands there. We’ll see.

As far as the goals go, I’m on pace for hands (due to 6-max), below where I should be for total hours (not enough time), and I’m way behind on the money end. I’ve got my work cut out for me. It’s a good thing I’ve got 2/3’s of the month left and it’s a good thing I’m better than my opponents. The confidence is shaken, but very mildly.
Oh, one more thing. I had an email wondering why I don’t post HH’s. I post some on the Card Player Forum in the limit section once in a while. Stop in and browse. It’s a ton more personal than some of the other forums out there and you’ll find some good (and often entertaining) poker discussion.


Good Luck at the Tables.

1 Comments:

At 12 September, 2006 11:55 , Blogger Chris said...

Fix your own sidebar, donkey.

By which I mean, yeah, that picture is way too big.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home