Sunday, August 19, 2007

I hate August.

I’d say sorry for the lack of updates, but I’m really not. So I won’t.

I worked almost 70 hours this past week. One day off in over 2 weeks. Not fun at all. I always worry after times like this that when I do have a day off I won’t be able to leave again. I left a good job 6 months before I wanted to by doing that a few years back. Actually almost 7 years back. Time flies I guess.

If all goes well, there are some interesting developments on the horizon for me. We’ll see how things go. Sometimes change is a good thing I suppose.

Somehow even with all of the work, I’ve managed to have my best month online this year. I’ve won 2 seats into the Sunday Million (as well as splitting one to the expensive one last month) and had a couple of tournament cashes. My cash game still isn’t close to what it should be unfortunately. I’m wildly inconsistent. Certain tables I beat regardless of the cards, and others I can’t win without making every hand. I’m not adjusting my play properly and I’m calling too much. It’s odd as I think my solid tourney/SnG/satellite results are because of my ability to lay a hand down to a raise/re-raise pre-flop and not calling in situations where the price isn’t right. Limit Hold-em can be frustrating.

I’m going to continue to play satellites, as well as a couple of tournament a week. I really like the $10 1-rebuy / 1-addon format. It’s a nice prize pool. In addition to that I’ve got to buckle down and play better in cash games. For the rest of the month I’m going to try and get in double the hands I’ve played month-to-date. We’ll see how that goes.

I haven’t played live in quite a while. I get burnt out being around the people. I really don’t know when I’ll go again. I’ll most likely warm back up to the idea as the weather changes. Perhaps I’ll make a trip to Turning Stone. Nobody knows me there.

In forum news, I had a good couple of weeks, even though I was absent for one of them. I had a solid showing on the “Top 5 +1’ers you wouldn’t want to be”, and a surprise appearance on someone’s “Top 5 +1’ers you’d want over for Thanksgiving”. Sorry to disappoint, but I don’t celebrate holidays.

I look forward to a normal schedule, and I may take some vacation time in September to play cards. Who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home